- Trip Details
- Trip Info
- Customize Trip
Start/End: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
Duration: 55 days
Maximum Elevation: 8,586m (Summit of Mt. Kanchenjunga)
Best Time: March - May
Until 1856, Kanchenjunga was considered the highest mountain in the world. It lies in the eastern part of Nepal. Kanchenjunga is the 3rd highest mountain in the world and the 2nd highest mountain in Nepal. Height : 8,586m/ 28,169ft
Location: Taplejung District/ Province No.1, Nepal
World Ranking: Third
Co-Ordinates: 27042'12'' N 88o08'51" E
First Climber: TJoe Brown and George Band on 25 May 1955
Parent Range : Kanchenjunga Himalaya
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Preparation and permit formalities.
Day 04: Fly to Bhadrapur; Drive to Ilam Bazaar.
Day 05: Drive to Jorpul (9-10 Hrs.) via Phidim.
Day 06: Trek to Khebang 1740m.
Day 07: Trek to Yamphudin 2070m.
Day 08: Trek to Torongdin 2995m.
Day 09: Trek to Tseram 3870m.
Day 10: Acclimatization Day in Tseram.
Day 11: Trek to Ramche 4620m. Camping starts.
Day 12: Trek to Middle Camp 4900m.
Day 13: Trek Kanchenjunga Base camp
Day 14-46: Climbing period; summit Kanchenjunga (8586m).
Day 47: Preparation to return.
Day 48: Trek to Ramche 4620m-9 Lodge strat.
Day 49: Trek to Torongdin 2995m.
Day 50: Trek to Yamphudin 2070m.
Day 51: Drive to Jorpul via Khebang.
Day 52: Drive to Birtamod, Jhapa.
Day 53: Fly/Drive to Kathmandu.
Day 54: Leisure and shopping.
Day 55: Final departure.
Highlights of Kanchenjunga Expedition
- Summit the 3rd highest peak of the world Mt Kanchenjunga at an elevation of 8586 meters
- Enjoy a 360-degree snow-capped panorama from the summit of Mount Kanchenjunga
- Trek through pure wilderness and dangers of avalanche to summit peak
- Encounter the vast variety of flora and fauna of Khangchendzonga National Park
- Explore the Kathmandu valley by visiting UNESCO listed world heritage sites
- Experience the Tibetan influenced small settlements along the trail