- Trip Details
- Trip Info
Start/End: Kathmandu to Kathmandu
Duration: 24 days
Difficulty: Very Strenuous
Maximum Elevation: 5,755m (Tashi Lapcha La)
Best Time: October - November & March - April
Accommodation: Camping/Tea houses
The Tashi Lapcha pass trek is an extraordinary trek that combines the Rolwaling Valley region and the Khumbu regions of Nepal. This trek is eye pleasing opportunity to explore the remote parts of mountain scenery. The highest altitude of Tashi Lapcha Trek is 5755m. above sea level. This trek is rich in biodiversity, history, culture, and heritage. This trip will take you to the beautiful Tso Rolpa Lake (4580 m), one of the largest glacial lakes in Nepal, summit the Tashi Lapcha Pass (5750 m), and visit Namche Bazaar. It also offers breathtaking views of Everest, Gauri Shankar, and many other mountains.
The unexplored virgin valleys of Rolwaling that lies beneath the Gaurishankar range are mystical. The classic combination of mountain views with alluring scenery, charming villages, and tranquil mountain passes makes this place lively despite its isolation. Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek starts with a drive to Shigati, where we pass through different villages such as Jagat, Simigaun, and Donga to Bedding. We begin towards the valley of Rolwaling as we reach the settlement areas of Bedding and Na. We enjoy the trek exploring the villages, then walking up to Yalung Base Camp. After leaving Na village, we ascend to Tso Rolpa and then to Rolwaling glacier. We then ascend to Tashi Lapcha Pass, where the views of mountains, passes, and the mountainous landscape looks stunning. We then descend our trail to Namche via Thame and make our way to Kathmandu via a flight from Lukla.
Best Season to Trek
The Spring season (March-April-May) is one of the best times to go on a Tashi Lapcha La Pass Trek via Rolwaling Valley. During this time of the year, the weather is warm with clear skies. Stunning views of the mountain ranges and the valley can be seen. The Autumn season (September-October -November) is also regarded as the best time to travel Tashi Lapcha La Pass Trek via Rolwaling Valley. The temperature remains warm, the skies are clear and different colors of nature during this time. Meanwhile, snowfall may occur in December and makes it difficult to cross the Tashi Lapcha La Pass.
Rolwaling Valley is restricted. The special permit is compulsory whereas, for the Tashi Lapcha Pass, it is auto combined with Pachhermo Peak Permit. Therefore, it requires five different permissions to complete the Tashi Lapcha Pass trek. Pachhermo Peak permit costs differ according to seasons.
- Rolwaling Valley Restricted Area/ Special Area Permit costs USD 20 per person/week
- Pachhermo Peak Permit US$ 250 (Mar-May), US$ 125 (Sept – Nov), US$ 70 (Dec – Feb), and US$ 70 (Jun – Aug)
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area Permit costs NPR 3,000
- Sagarmatha National Park Permit costs NPR 3,000
- Khumbu Rural Municipality Permit costs NPR 2,000
During the trek, we will be staying at lodges or teahouses. You can find comfort and better quality teahouses - having attached bathroom - in Namche which is a thriving town seeing many more tourists and a greater range of accommodation. But at higher elevations, the quality of accommodation may not be as good, with more basic rooms with the bare necessities. Also, there is a limited choice of food at higher elevations.
Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek Highlights
- Explore breathtaking views of the high snow-capped peaks like Mt.Everest, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse, and more.
- Off the beaten trail and less visited trekking region, explore the Glacier lake of Tso Rolpa.
- Diverse landscapes, really admirable, and quite a contrast second part of the trek.
- Crossing over 5700m. Tashi Lapcha Pass, hidden Rolwaling Valley and Monasteries.
- Rolwaling Himal is rich with various plants, bird species, and wildlife such as red panda, black bears, and leopard-cat while it has no formal protected area.
- Climbing Pachermo Peak (6,272m.) after Tashi Lapcha Pass
- Experience the mixed ethnic groups including Sherpa and their local lives
Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass trek combines the history and culture with stunning mountain views and the satisfaction of crossing a high Himalayan pass. This trek is the most demanding and exciting off-the-beaten trek that requires a trekker with good fitness and endurance capacity. This trek is a challenging wilderness trek. If you think you can endurance all the difficulties that nature can bring then join our Belmont Adventure Team to explore and experience the greatness that nature beholds.